Follow your goals this fall with Jackson College. This year will look different, but it will still be no less outstanding. Don’t hesitate to reach out if a need arises. Remember, WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER!
Winter 2021 Semester Information
- With student safety in mind, ONLINE LEARNING WILL CONTINUE FOR WINTER 2021, with a few necessary exceptions for students who must have hands-on experiences. The College will offer a variety of course options that are both affordable and convenient.
- Please note that Jackson College campuses will remain closed for anyone not involved in approved hands-on components of a class and for anyone who is not an essential employee.
As you are getting accustomed to remote learning, questions are sure to surface. Our Student Services front line staff are well-versed in a variety of resources and they look forward to hearing from you regardless of your need.
If You Come to Campus, Start Here…
Jackson College campuses will remain closed for anyone not involved in approved hands-on components of a class and for anyone who is not an essential employee or approved guest.
Once on campus you will be directed to the COVID-19 Health Screening checkpoint.
- You will be asked for your Jackson College ID
- You will have your temperature scanned
- We will check to see if you have completed the training
- We will check to see if you have completed the online Health Screening
If you have completed the training and have a fever of less then 100.4 you will be admitted to campus for your approved areas.
- If you have not completed training you will be asked to do so prior to entering
- If you have not completed the health screening you will be asked to do so prior to entering
- If you have a fever you will be asked to leave campus and follow up with your physician for clearance.
Once on campus you must wear a mask, have your Jackson College ID and badge in clear vision for others at all times.
- All students coming to campus must have instructor permission.
- Once permission is received the instructor or dean will notify the Jackson College Reintegration Task Force and you will be added to the JetNet Reintegration Course for students.
- Once you have instructor permission and have been added to the JetNet Reintegration Course for Students, you will receive instructions on how to access the course.
- When you complete the course, your name will be sent to the staff at the checkpoint. If you do not complete the course prior to your arrival you will not be allowed to enter campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Accommodations will be made when possible for students who do not have access to the internet. Please fill out the confidential emergency request form and someone will be in contact with you in 48 hours.
- Comcast: 60 days free internet as a new customer of Comcast
- Comcast for low income families: Low income families who are already Comcast customers can qualify for $9.95/month internet:
- Providing Unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans (effective 3/18)
- Giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable devices (effective 3/18)
- Waiving per-minute toll charges for international long-distance calls from the U.S. to CDC- defined Level 3 countries (effective 3/17)
- Provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost
- Starting now ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- We’re providing all T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for the next 60 days coming soon.
- All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data. Additionally, we’ll continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. We’ve expanded eligibility to Access from AT&T to households participating in the National School Lunch Program and Head Start. Additionally, we’re offering new Access from AT&T customers two months of free service.
- Verizon will waive activation fees on new lines of service and upgrade fees starting March 18.
- When a Verizon customer is experiencing hardships because of COVID-19, from March 16, 2020 to May 13, 2020, Verizon will waive late fees, and will not terminate service to a customer who’s been impacted by the events involving the Coronavirus.
- Customers currently on an unlimited data plan with Boost Mobile, will automatically receive an additional 20 Gigs of mobile hotspot on their plans at no extra cost through April 30, 2020. No need to call care or update your account through boostmobile.com.
- Customers currently on a tiered plan with Boost Mobile, will automatically receive an additional 20 Gigs of data on their plans at no extra cost through April 30, 2020. No need to call care or update your account through boostmobile.com. If you need additional mobile hotspot check out our rate plans that include mobile hotspot.
- Xfinity/Comcast is offering free connections to their internet wifi hotspots. To see if there are hotspots close to your location please visit this link and enter your Zip Code:
- Charter: Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription: To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households
We’ll get through this together! Things may feel out-of-control right now. You may be facing a lot of unknowns and disruptions. Try to be patient with yourself, your classmates, and your instructors during this time. Take care of your wellbeing first. Making a plan and adjusting your studying may help you feel even a little sense of control.
The library has compiled a list of resources for students who are navigating the transition to online classes.
The JetNet link can be found at the top of the JC website called “JetNet Online Classes“. Click here for additional information about logging in to JetNet.
You may also call or e-mail the JC Solution Center for help; 517.796.8639; email@example.com.
If you have excess financial aid you can order any textbooks and supplies through the Follett Bookstore’s website (jackson.bkstr.com) and choose financial aid as the payment options. The order will be shipped to the address you input at checkout.
I start classes soon and my financial aid hasn’t been posted, can I still start classes? When will the aid be awarded?
You should still make every effort to begin classes, your financial aid will still be processed assuming all required documentation is submitted. Please expect a slight delay in processing.
All students who need to contact a Financial Aid Specialist may do so via the JC Financial Aid email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Individual staff email inboxes are not being monitored. You may also find your specific financial aid specialist here: Find your Financial Aid Specialist.
Students enrolled in Career and Technical Education programs now qualify for food assistance from the state’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through the State of Michigan. SNAP offers nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of families and individuals so they can purchase healthy food.
Career students should offer documentation confirming their program of study when applying in order to determine their eligibility for SNAP. Examples could include a proof of registration and a document showing their program or course of study. A caseworker will use that information to determine eligibility. To apply, go to www.michigan.gov/MIBridges.
Yes, feel free to contact the Jackson College Health Clinic at 517.990.1374 and leave a voicemail message. These messages will get routed to staff e-mails, and they will then reach out to you and offer medical advice, medication refills, etc.
I’m feeling uncertain, worried and would like someone to share my concerns with. Is there someone who can help?
Yes, all Jackson College students and employees in need of assistance may contact the Oasis Center at 517.787.7920. Simply state that you need to speak with staff at the Oasis Center, and you will be transferred to one of the Oasis navigators who will screen for your needs.